What is the Community PTO?
Many people think of parent groups as being all about bake sales and fundraising. While we do conduct some fundraisers throughout the year, Community Christian School PTO is mainly about men and women working together toward a common goal. That goal is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to create a nurturing atmosphere where teachers and administrators can do their best work—and so can our children. This is why we need your support.
This year PTO plans to:
• Create a bridge between the parents and teachers.
• Offer direct support and prayer to our teachers and school administration.
• Provide a means of support and communication to parents outside of the classroom.
• Improve volunteerism among parents.
• Enhance the school community by being involved with school family/spirit nights.
• Centralize fundraising efforts by allowing parents a means to vote on money allocation.
There is much more to be accomplished, and we need your help. We are all moms and dads, uncles and aunts, grandparents, and friends who care about children and education. We are welcoming and friendly. We are your neighbors, and we share many of the same concerns you do.
Volunteering doesn’t mean a huge time commitment. An hour or two a semester or assisting in an event makes a big difference. And we have jobs to fit your time schedule and interests. We even have tasks that don’t involve coming to the school at all.
But that’s not the only reason to take part. There have been more than 500 independent research studies about parent involvement. The results are startling. When parents get involved in their children’s education, grades go up, test scores go up, children become more likely to pass and to attend better schools after high school, they have fewer discipline problems, and they’re less likely to use drugs and alcohol.
Won’t you join us? Please see your Teacher or the School Office for a membership form.